Comprehensive General Allergy Care and Treatment
- Nasal allergy treatment
- Asthma evaluation and treatment
- Pulmonary function testing
- Stinging insect allergy testing and treatment
- Sinusitis treatment
- Food allergy testing and treatment
- Drug allergy testing and treatment
- Latex allergy diagnosis
- Eye allergy diagnosis and treatment
- Urticaria (hives) evaluation and treatment
- Scratch and intradermal skin testing for allergy diagnosis
- Immune Deficiency Diagnosis and Treatment
- Infusion Services offered through our infusion center, Okemos Infusion Center
- Immunotherapy (allergy injections)
- Immunotherapy Benefits:
- Reduced need for over-the-counter allergy medications.
- Long-term modification of the immune response to environmental allergens.
- Improved asthma control.
- Decreased incidence of new environmental allergies.
- Decreased likelihood of developing asthma.
- Contact Dermatitis Patch Test Clinic: Okemos Allergy Center Patch Test Clinic is specifically designed to test for external sources of skin irritants to determine if any play a role in a patient's skin eruption of red, scaly, itchy patches of skin called contact dermatitis. Our allergists use multiple, properly diluted materials to use in testing patients specifically referred for patch testing. Some people develop patches of dermatitis and the cause is not clear. Many different chemicals which occur in metals, cosmetics, creams, leather, rubber, and other material may be responsible. Patch testing may help to identify the exact cause. It can be helpful in many cases.
- Patch tests are applied either on a Monday or Tuesday and removed 48 hours later for an initial reading. A second/final reading and interpretation is done at 72 hours
- Patients should plan on keeping their back dry for the entire week during testing. Call our office for more information or to make an appoint.
Patient education, same day appointments available for urgent care issues, hospital consultations, 24 hour coverage in case of emergency.